JADA Solutions (HSE) Inc. is a Health, Safety and Environmental consulting firm in search for an Environmental Scientist, offering specialized services in Environmental (Phase 1, 2 & 3 ESA’s, Groundwater Monitoring, Environmental Auditing, etc.), Hazardous Materials (Asbestos, Lead, PCB’s etc.), Indoor Air Quality (General IAQ, mould etc.), Industrial Hygiene (Noise, Chemical Exposure etc.) and Health & Safety Services (Codes of Practice, Training, Hazard Assessments, maintenance contracts, COR audits and WCB review etc.).
The successful candidate for the Environmental Scientist position will have a strong site assessment and remediation background with knowledge of current environmental regulations in Alberta.
- Provide day-to-day technical advice, expertise and direction to clients
- Conduct Phase I, Phase II, due diligence and risk assessments
- Conduct Environmental Compliance Audits
- Coordination of soil and groundwater remediation programs
- Report writing and technical review
- Perform as an integral team member at JADA Solutions and focus on creating innovative and practical solutions to address a wide variety of environmental concerns
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Environmental Sciences with 5-10 years work experience in associated fields.
- Registered (or eligible for registration) as a professional with APEGGA or other professional accreditation.
- Experience in the following areas an asset;
- Phase 1 and 2 site assessments
- Risk assessments and Environmental Compliance Auditing
- Groundwater, soil monitoring and sampling techniques, soil descriptions and terminology, and quality assurance / quality control process
- Designated substances and hazardous materials
Skills and Knowledge:
- Proven team player with excellent interpersonal, analytical and communication skills
- Ability to deliver quality work with tight schedules
- Strong site assessment and remediation background with knowledge of current environmental regulations in Alberta
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills
- Willingness and ability to travel as required by clients
- Ability to work weekends and evenings when required
- Valid driver’s license with a reliable vehicle
- Field work will be performed in various industrial, commercial and institutional settings. The position will also include significant time in an office setting.
- Please feel free to forward on your resume to:
[email protected], Fax: 780-640-8857
Only candidates we feel are qualified for the position will be contacted, thank you for your interest in JADA Solutions (HSE) Inc.